CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your new baby! In the midst of all that is changing in your home with the addition of your new baby, we invite you to take a moment to focus on what really matters most.
No one will have more influence on your child than YOU! We believe that what happens at home is more important than what happens at church. It is our hope that we can come along beside you. We want to cheer you on and lend support as you raise your child to know what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Baby Dedication is more than an event. It is an opportunity for you to take some time at the beginning of your journey as a parent to really think about what will matter the most in the life of your child—to really talk together and decide what you value and what you can do today that will have the greatest impact on your child’s future.
Baby Dedication…what is the meaning?
• Children are a gift from God. They belong to God. God has given them to us as gifts that we must take care of and enjoy. Because children belong to the Lord and are given by grace as gifts to parents, it is only proper and appropriate that children be dedicated back to God. (Psalm 127:3)
• Jesus was dedicated. (Luke 2:22-24)
• To publicly declare your intention to raise your child in a Christ-centered home and guide your child towards a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 6:5-7; Proverbs 22:6)
Baby Dedication…what it is not.
• It is not a baptism. The Bible describes baptism as an act that declares one’s personal faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. Although we invite children to love Jesus and receive Him into their lives, we do not encourage them to be baptized until they have reached an age where they can express their own faith and understand the meaning of baptism.
• It does not secure the salvation of your child. The Bible teaches that a personal relationship with God, by faith, is what brings eternal life and assures salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-9)